Greetings AGM family,
We talk a lot about prayer at Abounding Grace Ministries and in November we dedicated quite of few children. So as we end the year I thought I would share with you some valuable information that addresses both prayer and our children. Whether you have children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews or just care for youth around you I wanted to send you some specific ideas.
Jon Bloom published at article at Desiring God called “Seven Things to Pray for Your Children.” Here’s the link (http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/seven-things-to-pray-for-your-children) to the full article, but the seven things are below. I thought these were great.
1. That Jesus will call them and no one will hinder them from coming. (Matthew 19:13-15)
2. That they will respond in faith to Jesus’s faithful, persistent call. (2 Peter 3:(9)
3. That they will experience sanctification through the transforming work of the Holy Spirit and will increasingly desire to fulfill the greatest commandments. (Matthew 22:37-39)
4. That they will not be unequally yoked in intimate relationships, especially marriage. (2 Corinthians 6:14)
5. That their thoughts will be pure. (Philippians 4:8)
6. That their hearts will be stirred to give generously to the Lord’s work. (Exodus 35:29)
7. That when the time is right, they will GO! (Matthew 28:18-20)
Why don’t you print out this list and pray one of these things each day for the next week?
As a parent, one of the most important things you can do for your children is to pray for them. A praying parent is truly a powerful influence.
P.S. If you’d like me to pray for your children, I’d be honored. Just reply and let me know how to pray.