Family, it’s Pastor Lou.
I hope you’re excited about a great summer and maybe have a family getaway planned or even a staycation.
I love traveling and getting away for a little while, but you don’t have to plan an elaborate trip in order to enjoy friends, family and our beautiful city. All you need to do is be intentional and make time to slow down, delight in life’s beauty and connect with loved ones.
Here are a few things you may want to consider as you plan for the warm months ahead:
- Visit one of the many museums, zoos, parks and green spaces in our amazing city.
- Commit to gathering with your AGM family every Wednesday and Sunday for a time of celebration and fellowship. You may even want to make plans to go out to lunch with an old friend or make a new friend at church
- Plan a picnic or BBQ and enjoy the gift of rest and relaxation.
- Take a book, magazine or your favorite devotional and enjoy the sunset at the Highline or some other location on the West Side.
- Get active – walk, run, bike, skip, swim, swing and Go!
This summer plan to Grow and Go! Over the last month we have considered our mandate to grow and mature into the individuals and church family God has called us to be. Now it is time to live it out.
So I charge you to: Grow in your relationship with God and others. Grow as a person as you try new things – maybe a new hobby, eat new foods, visit new neighborhoods and meet new people from different backgrounds. Grow in power as your allow the Holy Spirit to fill you daily and be a witness. Go and be the salt of the earth and the light of the world.
I leave you with the words of the Apostle Peter, “Rather, you must grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. All glory to him, both now and forever! Amen.”